OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence by handling your personal information with respect and putting you in control.
If at any time you’d like further information, or have any questions, please do let us know.
What Information We Have & Where We Get It
We collect and store different types of information about you when you do business with us.
Your Choices & Rights
Among other rights, you can choose whether to receive marketing from us. You also have the right to access the information we have about you.
Looking After Your Information
Your information is protected and we will delete it securely when we no longer need it.
If you have any questions or feedback, or would like more information on how we handle your information, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
WHAT INFORMATION WE HAVE & WHERE WE GET IT
When you do business with us or make an enquiry, we collect your information which, depending on the service we are providing, may include your contact and billing information.
How We Use Your Information & Why:
1. For the performance of our contract with you
We use your information when you enter into a contract with us so we can:
• process your order
• take payment, and
• provide you with customer support
2. For our legitimate business interests
• For our marketing purposes.
• To send you customer service emails
• To create a profile about you to help us personalise our services to you
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH & WHY
• Third parties who provide goods and services purchased by you.
• Government agencies or other authorised bodies where permitted or required by law.
• Any successor to all or part of our business.
YOUR CHOICES & RIGHTS
Where you have given us your consent, you can withdraw it by just letting us know.
You also have rights over how your personal information is used including:
• The right to object to our processing of your data.
• The right to request that your information be erased or restricted from further use.
• The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
• The right to correct, amend or update information you have given us (where you have an account with us you can also do this by logging in and updating your information).
• The right to contest any automated decision we make about you. An automated decision is a decision taken without any human intervention which has legal consequences (e.g. credit checking). We don’t typically carry out automated decision making but, if we do, we will make it clear where such decisions are being made.
Please note that whilst we will carefully assess every request we receive we may not always have to comply. When this happens, we will explain why.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR INFORMATION
We have security measures in place to protect your information. The security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected.
We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes, in line with our company policies.
Our cookies help us:
• Make our website work as you’d expect
• Improve the speed/security of the site
• Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
• Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
• Pass data to advertising networks
• Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
• Pay sales commissions
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk/, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.
If you have any questions about the above please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
There’s also the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) although we encourage you to try and let us help you first.